https://www.valleystructures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ThinkstockPhotos-99808554.jpg 338 506 Estland /wp-content/themes/valley-structures-child/images/valley-structures-logo.svg Estland2016-11-01 11:00:002019-03-27 18:43:53Window and Door Maintenance Tips for Your Outdoor Structure
Window and Door Maintenance Tips for Your Outdoor Structure
You go in and out of your doors countless times, and you likely peer out the window just as often. But how often do you think about taking care of your entry ways and windows? Here are a few tips to keep them in tip-top shape.
Over time your windows’ frames can collect dust and debris, the panes can become streaked, and hardware can experience wear and tear. Give them some TLC once a year (or more).
- Wash your frames with water and a mild soap. Dry when complete.
- Wash your screens with water, mild soap and a soft brush. Rinse and dry.
- Wipe your panes clean with a glass cleaner.
- Lubricate the hardware once per year to keep in working order.
- Check the condition of your windows, including checking for rot, condensation, faulty seals, peeling paint, and damage to any weather stripping.
- We open and close our doors. A lot. Here are some things to consider as you care for your exterior entries to keep them looking and functioning well.
- Clean your doors with a gentle soap. (Avoid abrasive cleaners!) Use as little water as possible.
- Look for cracks in the frame or door windows. Also, look out for damage to weather stripping.
- Check the paint finish for signs of wear, such as chips, cracks, or faded spots.